Years in the making, I present: The Guide to Passionate Disruption and World Domination. What follows is a hearty stew of New Media Education and Profanity. Reader beware...there's not as much profanity as you're hoping for. Apologies. The Management.]]>
Creating compelling web content is a huge time suck. What small biz owner has time to plan, script, shoot and edit video for their website? Only those who understand that fresh, value-driven web video is crucial to converting browsers into buyers. To them, time spent is time invested in a valuable tool that works 24/7 to sell, market and motivate. Create it once. Reap the benefits forever. That’s ROI on 8 cans of Red Bull!
Salivating for these results, but short on time or just plain lazy? Drop your drool cup and add video testimonials to your website. New or old, Fortune 500 or “owe a fortune”, every business can immediately score with this video marketing tool. Nothing creates credibility faster than a believable testimonial. Nothing is more persuasive than a testimonial on video.
Text Bores. Video Sells.
Text-only testimonials have flat-lined. People are distrustful of random, glowing claims from “T.C. in Clearwater”. Oh, if T.C. said it, it must be true! It’s amazing how many online testimonials come from initials. Future customers connect with people like them...people with real names and real experiences. Real people. Real stories. Really work.
Outsourcing Gone Wild
What’s the easiest way to create online video testimonials? Don’t do anything. You’re too busy to chase people down with a video camera. Simply ask your paying customers to do it for you. Flattered and thrilled, they’ll jump at the opportunity! Deep in our DNA is a gene that craves status through association. Yelp.com tapped this gene to revolutionize web reviews. Wouldn’t you like to get in on that action?
Tips to Tap the Video Testimonial Juice
1. Ask Clients When They’re “High”. After a successful sale or positive service experience, immediately ask the client to record a brief video about their experience. Waiting only waters down passion. You must catch a client when they’re in a euphoric state. Yes, your plumbing business causes euphoria. Solve a problem or reduce “pain” and the brain floods with dopamine. When people feel good, they’re more likely to say, “Yes!” Don’t miss the awesome marketing potential this drug-free high offers.
2. Story Selling. Online marketing reaps its power from value-infused stories. A great video testimonial takes the viewer on a journey. Think “Lord of the Rings” without special effects. OR consider this winning recipe for a tasty testimonial video:
1. Customer Introduction – Who and where are they?
2. Present Problem – Explain situation before discovering your business.
3. Reveal Pain Point – What would’ve happened if they didn’t find/use your product or service?
4. Outcome/Benefits – How was the problem solved? Details are great! Demonstrate product, if applicable. Think: infomercials. You got to show it to sell it.
5. Personal Recommendation – Encourage viewers to become customers. Don’t go overboard. Ingredients 2-4 will seal the deal.
3. Video Camera Not Required. Who says you need an expensive HD video camera to record customer testimonial videos? The best recording device is the one available. Cell phone cam, Flip Cam, digital still camera with video functionality, even web cams...all cool! Added bonus: Low-tech is sometimes more believable. Viewers place great trust in user-generated video. Service-based businesses should arm each team member with a video recording device. You never want to miss out on scoring video testimonial gold!
How many times have you been moved to action after seeing someone, just like you, using and benefiting from a product or service? That’s the power of social persuasion. Put it to work and see how video testimonials can transform browsers into buyers. Especially, since your customers will be doing all the work. Congratulations, you just put your video marketing campaign on auto-pilot. Take a two-hour lunch. You've earned it!
Monetizing content during the Digital Revolution is a hot topic for video professionals. “Video Hustler” is a 26 episode web-based series. The series documents the wild ride known as life for Rage, one of the hottest music video directors. It’s a great example of how to create and monetize internet-exclusive content.]]>